Visiting Colorado Springs - What to See and Do
(Colorado Springs, Colorado - CO, USA)
A fast-growing city in the rugged Colorado Rockies, Colorado Springs is a popular tourist destination, especially in the summer, drawing large numbers of visitors to its many attractions including the stunning Garden of the Gods national park.
Colorado Springs has all the charm of a small town, with all the modern conveniences you would expect to find in the second-biggest city in the state.
Ten things you must do in Colorado Springs
- Explore the breathtaking Garden of the Gods, featuring hiking, horseback riding and rock climbing among the stunning red sandstone cliffs.
- Visit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, the only zoo of its kind in America, home to over 500 species of mountain creature.
- Be a guest at the US Air Force Academy, which offers several interesting attractions such as the Cadet House and an outdoor B-52 bomber display.
- Experience the Cave of the Winds, another of Colorado Springs' gorgeous natural attractions, and see the spectacular evening laser show in the summer months.
- Go back in time at Colorado Springs' Ghost Town and learn about the Wild West through authentic buildings brought in from all over the state.
- Ascend to the top of the world aboard Pike's Peak Cog Railway, which climbs all the way to the summit of Pike's Peak, about 14,000 feet above sea level.
- Play 18 holes at one of the numerous golf courses located in Colorado Springs that offer excellent facilities and lovely views.
- Sample some of the best cuisine in the state at one of the many top-quality restaurants in the city.
- Take a look at 19th-century Glen Eyrie Castle, one of the city's oldest buildings and the home of the founder of Colorado Springs, General Jackson Palmer.
- Learn about American Indian history at the Manitou Cliff Dwellings Preserve and its reconstructed Anasazi Indian village.